Protecting Electrical Workers from Getting Shocked

Friday, October 3rd, 2014

This informative blog post by Robert LeRoy, CESCP dives into working on energized and deenergized equipment, “live work policies”, PPE and glove selections.

“Putting workers in insulated rubber gloves is not the answer to shock protection. Sounds a bit strange I know, but the answer to shock protection is to turn the circuits off, not work them energized with a mechanical device that can fail. The sad reality is at times we have no choice. Even in the isolation process exposing workers to energized parts is inevitable. The chosen meter must…..”

Click here to continue reading…


Tags: , ,

Print Friendly