National Electrical Code 2017 | Lecture Training Course
4-Day | 3.2 CEUs | $1,305 | Lecture | Course #227 | 8 am-4:30 pm
This course provides electricians, electrical inspectors and electrical contractors a comprehensive study of Chapters 1 through 4, including a brief overview of Chapter 5 of the 2017 National Code. Major updates and revisions from previous editions are addressed throughout this course. The class participant will receive a softbound copy of the NEC 2017 standard and will learn how to apply the Code to properly install electrical circuits and equipments.
This course provides a study of the definitions of electrical terms; requirements for electrical installations, such as branch circuits and grounding systems; wiring methods and materials; overcurrent protection, voltage drop, neutral load and other calculations through practical exercises; the method for determining conductor ampacity through practical exercises; and more. The content of the NEC 2017 course also addresses the OSHA 29 CFR 1910.301-308 mandated requirements for electrical installations.
♦ Learning Objectives
- Describe the organization of the 2017 National Electrical Code
- Describe the general requirements
- Identify grounding and bonding requirements
- Identify and use the various tables
- Describe the method for determining conductor ampacity
- Describe how to calculate neutral, branch circuit, and feeder loads
- Describe how to calculate electrical enclosure and conduit conductor fill
- Identify acceptable wiring methods
- Describe the process of sizing motor circuits and required components
- Identify the requirements for GFCI use with temporary wiring
Student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity and bring a calculator. Training for older editions of the NEC is also available.
This course is required for our Industrial Electrical Inspector Inspector Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4 days
Credits: 3.2 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Lecture
Course Number: 227
Tuition USD: $1,305
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!