Electrical Safety for Inspectors | Lecture Training Course
4-Day | 3.2 CEUs | $1,305 | Lecture | Course #430 | Mon-Fri 8 am-4:30 pm
This course provides up-to-date information on OSHA General Industry, NFPA 70, 70E, 70B and IEEE standards that are relevant to electrical safety in the workplace. Armed with this knowledge, safety managers, human resources (HR) and risk and loss control personnel can implement an effective self-inspection program that helps prevent electrical accidents, OSHA citations and outages caused by accidents. The information provided in this course prepares participants to recognize existing issues within their facility.
- Identify the hazards of electricity and their effects
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for a variety of applications
- Establish a PPE in service care and use program
- Create and assess effective of lockout/tagout procedures and energized work permits
- Identify OSHA training requirements for qualified workers
- Implement a safe work program (written electrical safety program)
- Establish a preventative maintenance program per OSHA, NFPA 70E/70B
- Identify electrical hazard risk assessment compliance requirements
- Identify the requirements for an electrical safety inspection of an industrial, utility or utility-like installation following a comprehensive checklist
The student does not need any electrical background and will be supplied with applicable OSHA, NFPA 70E and NFPA 70B standards.
This course is required for our Industrial Electrical Safety Inspector Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4 days
Credits: 3.2 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Lecture
Course Number: 430
Tuition USD: $1,305
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!