Electrical Safety for Industrial Facilities | Lecture Training Course
4-Day | 3.2 CEUs | $1,305 | Lecture | Course #290 | Mon-Fri 8 am-4:30 pm | Available in English or Spanish
This course is essential for new, multi-craft or experienced electricians, technicians, engineers, supervisors and safety managers that install, maintain, repair, troubleshoot or work around industrial electrical systems. Participants are trained to understand electrical hazards, electrical safety regulations, and the use of safe work procedures and personal protective equipment (PPE). Students are familiarized with updates to OSHA, NFPA 70E, NEC and PPE improvements. Information is provided to help realize the benefits of an electrical safety program which result in fewer electrical accidents, improved power system reliability, OSHA compliance and potential reductions in losses due to accidents and injuries. It provides critical information to help meet the mandated training requirements of OSHA 1910.332.
- Explain the hazards of electricity and their effects
- Interpret applicable regulations
- Understand hazardous energy control as required by OSHA for utilities
- Explain installation of temporary grounding for personal protection
- Utilize safe work practices for work on or around substation equipment, transmission equipment and overhead lines
- Select appropriate personal protective equipment for a variety of applications
- Identify the functions of a substation grounding system
- Identify the requirements for an electrical safety inspection of an industrial, utility or utility-like installation following a comprehensive checklist
This course is an option for our required Substation Maintenance Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4 days
Credits: 3.2 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Lecture
Course Number: 290
Tuition USD: $1,305
Available in English or Spanish
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!