Transformer Maintenance and Testing (TMT) | Hands-On Training Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,745 | Hands-on | Course #142 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon)
Students learn instruction to install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot power transformers rated 765 kV or less. Participants will receive instruction on the filtering and drying out process to be performed on transformers. This course uses up-to-date test equipment and procedures for evaluating the condition of a transformer. Test results can provide predictive data which will guide maintenance activities and help to prevent catastrophic failure that may damage downstream equipment and endanger personnel.
- Identify power/instrument and distribution transformer types, components and configuration of the auxiliary equipment
- Evaluate transformer configuration for the application
- Interpret nameplate data and use the data to set up correct test procedures
- Utilize a frequency response analyzer to identify damage
- Calculate polarization index and temperature corrections
- Perform oil sampling, testing, drying, filling and filtering
- Explain gas sampling and testing
- Combine test results to troubleshoot transformer problems
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-On
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 142
Tuition USD: $1,745
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!