Substation Maintenance II | Hands-On Training Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,935 | Hands-on | Course #231 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon) | Available in Spanish
This course is the next step after Substation I to enhance the skills needed to perform all substation tasks including a focus on common transformer configurations. It offers training on the components of power and distribution type transformers, including common insulating and cooling mediums and explains common transformer configurations.
Upon completion of this course, students are able to inspect, adjust and perform insulation resistance, connection resistance and overpotential tests on air and disconnect switches as well as interpret results of earth resistivity tests and more.
- Identify safe work procedures
- Explain the configuration and function of common equipment found in a substation
- Identify components of power and distribution type transformers, including common insulating and cooling mediums
- Explain common transformer configurations
- Perform and interpret results of winding resistance, dielectric absorption ratio, polarization index, and power/dissipation factor tests on transformers
- Calculate temperature corrections
- Identify ASTM requirements for testing and sampling gas and oil in transformers
- Inspect, adjust and perform insulation resistance, connection resistance and overpotential tests on air and disconnect switches
- Perform and interpret results of earth resistivity tests
This course requires working knowledge of basic electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course. No shorts or sandals will be allowed.
- Infrared Thermography I
- Substation Maintenance I
- Transformer Maintenance & Testing
- NEW Advanced Transformer Maintenance & Testing
This course is required for our Substation Maintenance Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 231
Tuition USD: $1,935
Available in English or Spanish.
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!