Substation Maintenance I | Hands-On Training Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,935 | Hands-on | Course #230 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon) | Available in Spanish
This course provides an overview for apprentices, technicians and engineers responsible for the maintenance and testing of industrial and utility substations. Hands-on labs are a major part of this course to help the technician locate weak or faulty components in the substation systems. Course focus is on medium voltage circuit breakers (air and vacuum), battery banks and switchgear. The course is designed to aid skilled qualified substation maintenance technicians in the safe performance of substation component preventative maintenance.
- Identify safe work procedures
- Explain the configuration and function of common equipment found in a substation
- Identify components of air, oil and vacuum circuit breakers, and metal-clad switchgear (including switchyard equipment)
- Use medium-voltage circuit breaker and switchgear manufacturer’s instruction manuals and NETA specifications to: – Perform and interpret results of insulation resistance and contact resistance tests – Perform over-potential, vacuum integrity and power factor tests – Verify measurements and make adjustments to mechanisms as required
- Perform visual inspection on battery banks
This course requires working knowledge of basic electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course. No shorts or sandals will be allowed.
- Infrared Thermography I
- Substation Maintenance II
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Medium-Voltage
- Transformer Maintenance & Testing
- NEW Advanced Transformer Maintenance & Testing
This course is required for our Substation Maintenance Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 230
Tuition USD: $1,935
Available in English or Spanish.
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!