Protective Relay Maintenance, Generation | Hands-On Training Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,885 | Hands-on | Course #406 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon)
Participants will learn the basics of generator protection combined with hands-on training using actual relays. Laboratory exercises will cover proper relay maintenance, specific test procedures, and detailed adjustment and calibration procedures utilizing state of the art relay test sets. Participants learn the applicable NETA testing standards, what test result information should be recorded and what hand tools are necessary for proper relay adjustment and calibration.
Understanding proper relay maintenance procedures will ensure that the generator and prime mover are protected from damage and are operating within prescribed boundaries. This course provides the understanding of generator protective zones and their associated protective relays.
- Identify generator relay components and understand their operation
- Interpret AC and DC internal and external drawings and schematics for the relay
- Understand relay settings and calculate test parameters based on those settings
- Know how to connect a relay test set to the relay to properly perform necessary tests
- Perform standard field tests and properly calibrate components that are out of tolerance
- Properly record and evaluate test results
- Voltage controlled and voltage restrained overcurrent (27/51)
- Reverse Power (32)
- Loss of Field or Loss of Excitation (40)
- Negative Sequence (46)
- Generator Differential (87G)
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. In addition, students must bring a scientific calculator. Technicians that successfully complete this course will be certified to maintain electromechanical relays that protect generators. This certification is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
This course is required for our Generation Protective Relay Maintenance Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 406
Tuition USD: $1,885
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!