Protective Relay Maintenance, Basic | Hands-On Certification Training Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,885 | Hands-on | Course #137 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon) | Available in Spanish
The Protective Relay Maintenance Distribution course is an intensive, hands-on, lab oriented presentation. The participant will learn the basics of distribution protection combined with hands-on, realistic training on actual relays. Laboratory exercises will cover proper relay maintenance, specific test procedures, and detailed adjustment and calibration procedures utilizing state of the art relay test sets. Class participants will understand applicable NETA testing standards, what test result information should be recorded, and what hand tools are necessary for proper relay adjustment and calibration.
- Understand how the relay is applied in the power system
- Identify critical relay components
- Understand how to effectively use manufacturer’s instruction literature to correctly interpret internal and external AC and DC relay schemes
- Understand standard tests to be performed on the relay
- Perform specified tests on, and calibrate the following relays to manufacturer’s specifications (ANSI device number):
- Instantaneous and Time Overcurrent (50/51)
- Transformer Percentage Differential (87T) W & W/O Harmonic Restraint
- Targets and Indicators
- Time Undervoltage (27)
- Time Overvoltage (59)
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. In addition, students must bring a scientific calculator. Technicians that successfully complete this course will be Certified to maintain electromechanical relays that protect industrial feeders, transformers and loads. This certification is valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
This course is required for our Basic Protective Relay Maintenance Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 137
Tuition USD: $1,885
Also available in Spanish
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!