Power Factor Testing (PFT) | Hands-On Training Course
3-Day | 2.4 CEUs | $1,335 | Hands-on | Course #262 | 8 am-4:30 pm
This course provides training that enables technicians to detect equipment insulation problems without making an internal visual inspection. Participants are trained to properly perform tests and interpret findings. Technicians who perform and evaluate the results of power factor tests can predict and prevent the failure of medium and high voltage transformers. Including circuit breakers, bushings (transformers and circuit breakers), reclosers, switches, cables, lightning arrestors, liquid insulation, compound or oil filled cable terminations, rotating machinery (motors and generators), voltage regulators and insulating oils.
- Understand the causes of insulation degradation and failure
- Understand the modes of operation
- Connect leads and perform power factor tests
- Troubleshoot connections in the event of poor test result
- Perform temperature corrections and evaluate test results
- Determine maintenance to be performed based upon the test results
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course. No shorts or sandals will be allowed.
Course Duration: 3 days
Credits: 2.4 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Course Number: 262
Tuition USD: $1,335
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!