Infrared Thermography Training (Level I) | Certification Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,735 | Hands-on | Course #240A | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon)
The student who completes the training requirements and a thermography field assignment will receive an Infrared Thermography Level I Certification. The Infrared Thermography training course will teach the basics of infrared, how to operate the camera under different conditions and how to make a judgment of the measurement situation in the field and identify potential sources for error. The student will interpret thermograms and make informed decisions using heat transfer concepts to analyze thermal images and learn to distinguish between hot spots and reflections and direct versus indirect readings.
♦ Who Should Attend
Infrared Thermography Level I training is designed around the entry level infrared camera user and will benefit the student who has a desire to learn the basics of infrared thermography.
♦ Learning Objectives
- Explain the beginning and history of Infrared Thermography
- Discuss the differences between heat and temperature
- Explain the heat transfer modes
- Discuss radiosity concepts
- Perform the operation of infrared equipment
- Perform an infrared survey and report the results of the survey
- Discuss the applications of Thermography
♦ Good to Have
It would be good for the students to have their own infrared camera, reporting software and personal computer.
♦ Certification Requirements
After completing the classroom portion of this course, the student will be required to submit a complete infrared survey report within sixty (60) days. The report will be graded as part of the final grade in order to receive the certification.
♦ Related Courses
- Substation Maintenance I
- Substation Maintenance II
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Low-Voltage
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Medium-Voltage
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Molded & Insulated Case
- Motor Controls & Starters, Low-Voltage
- Battery Maintenance & Testing
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 240A
Tuition USD: $1,735
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!