Energized Overhead Contact System Line Safety | Hands-On Training Course
10-Day | 8 CEUs | On-site Only | Course #556 | Hands-on
This comprehensive 10-day program is designed to assist in meeting the regulatory requirements for “Qualified Workers” involved in maintaining energized overhead contact systems (OCS). Maintenance technicians and linemen involved in energized overhead contact systems will learn to avoid electrical hazards by being trained in special precautionary techniques and the proper use of personal protective equipment, such as rubber gloves, blankets and line hoses, insulated tools and other protective measures to reduce the hazard of electric shock.
Arc flash protection is also covered in detail. Participants will learn specific safe work practices required when working on or near energized overhead contact systems.
- Understand the three hazards of electricity, their effects on the employee and how to avoid them
- Learn to work safely on or near energized overhead contact systems
- Learn the proper care and use of electrical protective equipment
- Identify the safe-work practices for energized work
- Learn the proper application of protective grounds
- Learn approach distances to energized circuits and equipment
- Identify the requirements for good energized work procedures
- Learn appropriate techniques for use of insulating equipment
Working knowledge of basic electricity and overhead contact systems.
Course Duration: 10 days
Credits: 8 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: Onsite Only
Course Number: 556
Tuition USD: Request an onsite quote for pricing.
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!