Circuit Breaker Maintenance – SF6 | Hands-On Training Course
4-Day | 3.2 CEUs | $1,695 | Hands-on | Course #332 | 8 am-4:30 pm
This hands-on course is intended for new or experienced electricians and technicians that install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot SF6 circuit breakers rated at 1.2 kV and higher and covers all elements of routine SF6 circuit breaker maintenance plus, inspections. A balance of lecture and hands-on activities are utilized to emphasize operating characteristics and maintenance and testing requirements. Instruction includes the hazards involved in working with SF6 gas as well as the important differences between SF6 circuit breakers compared to conventional insulating mediums.
- List the safety hazards involved in working with SF6 gas
- Describe the procedure for adding gas to an SF6 circuit breaker
- Describe the electrical and mechanical operating principles of SF6 puffer circuit breakers
- Perform circuit breaker inspection, per manufacturer’s technical manual
- Perform electrical and mechanical tests that are required by the manufacturer
- Evaluate test results
- Interpret an electrical schematic for an SF6 puffer circuit breaker
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course.
Course Duration: 4 days
Credits: 3.2 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Course Number: 332
Tuition USD: $1,695
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!