Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Molded & Insulated Case | Hands-On Training Course
2-Day | 1.6 CEUs | $905 | Hands-on | Course #418 | 8 am-4:30 pm
Molded and insulated case circuit breakers are designed to be disassembled, inspected, adjusted and cleaned and require testing and maintenance to ensure system reliability. This hands-on course is intended for new or experienced electricians and technicians that install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot molded or insulated case circuit breakers, rated less than 1 kV, equipped with thermal, magnetic or solid state tripping devices. Participants in this course will be required to perform visual and electrical inspections on the circuit breakers and their auxiliary devices. The electrical inspections provide data regarding the condition of the insulation, contacts and operating mechanisms.
- Identify typical molded and insulated case circuit breaker components
- Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment and safe work procedures for breaker maintenance
- Interpret and utilize NEMA breaker maintenance procedures
- Perform complete circuit breaker maintenance and restoration procedures
- Perform and evaluate the results of contact resistance, insulation resistance and overcurrent current injection tests
- Verify trip device operation by calculating high current test values from manufacturers’ trip curves
- Verify operation of accessories including shunt trip, under-voltage trip, electrical operator, auxiliary and alarm switches
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course.
- Infrared Thermography I
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Low-Voltage
- Motor Controls & Starters, Low-Voltage
This course is required for our Low-Voltage Circuit Breaker Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 2 days
Credits: 1.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Course Number: 418
Tuition USD: $905
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!