Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Medium-Voltage | Hands-On Training Course
3.5-Day | 2.8 CEUs | $1545 | Hands-on | Course #300 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon)
Unlike a low-voltage breaker, medium-voltage breakers rated at 1 kV or higher rely on external controls to operate effectively. That means technicians have more components to test and maintain to ensure a 3 to 5 cycle operating time. Failure of one of these breakers can cause catastrophic damage to other equipment and is extremely hazardous to nearby personnel. With safe and proper maintenance, technicians can ensure that tripping operations execute as required for equipment protection. In addition to improving electrical system reliability, well-maintained circuit breakers also minimize the arc flash hazard energy levels that technicians can be exposed to during a fault.
♦ Who Should Attend
This hands-on course is intended for new or experienced electricians and technicians that install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot air and vacuum metal-clad circuit breakers and switchgear, rated at 1 kV and higher.
♦ Learning Objectives
- Identify components and insulation mediums for all vacuum and air magnetic circuit breakers
- Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment and safe work procedures including lockout tagout
- Evaluate breaker ratings for various applications
- Interpret control schematics
- Explain removal and restoration procedures
- Adjust linkages, switches and contacts
- Perform circuit breaker maintenance service per NETA specifications
- Perform and evaluate the results of contact resistance, insulation resistance, leakage current, power factor, timing and bottle integrity tests
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course.
♦ Related Courses
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Low-Voltage
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Molded & Insulated Case
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, SF6
- Infrared Thermography I
- Substation Maintenance I
- Substation Maintenance II
Course Duration: 3.5 days
Credits: 2.8 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 300
Tuition USD: $1545
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!