Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Medium-Voltage | Hands-On Training Course
3.5-Day | 2.8 CEUs | $1,585 | Hands-on | Course #300 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon)
This course provides training for the performance of visual, mechanical and electrical inspections, in accordance with manufacturers’ and NETA MTS requirements. Technicians have more components to test and maintain to ensure a 3 to 5 cycle operating time. This hands-on course is intended for new or experienced electricians and technicians that install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot air and vacuum metal-clad circuit breakers and switchgear, rated at 1 kV and higher.
Failure of one of these circuit breakers can cause catastrophic damage to other equipment and can be extremely hazardous to nearby personnel. In addition to improving electrical system reliability, well maintained circuit breakers also minimize the arc flash hazard energy levels that technicians can be exposed to during a fault.
- Identify components and insulation mediums for vacuum and air magnetic circuit breakers
- Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment and safe work procedures including lockout/tagout (LOTO)
- Evaluate breaker ratings for various applications
- Interpret control schematics
- Explain removal and restoration procedures
- Adjust linkages, switches and contacts
- Perform circuit breaker maintenance service per manufacturer and NETA MTS specifications
- Perform and evaluate the results of contact resistance, insulation resistance, leakage current, power factor, and bottle integrity tests
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toe shoes to complete the lab portion of this course.
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Low-Voltage
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Molded & Insulated Case
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, SF6
- Infrared Thermography I
- Substation Maintenance I
- Substation Maintenance II
Course Duration: 3.5 days
Credits: 2.8 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 300
Tuition USD: $1,585
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!