Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Low-Voltage | Hands-On Training Course
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,885 | Hands-on | Course #134 | 8 am-4:30 pm (final day ends at noon)
Participants in this class will visually and electrically inspect circuit breakers according to manufacturer and NETA MTS requirements. This hands-on course is intended for new or experienced electricians and technicians that install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot power circuit breakers, rated less than 1,000 VAC, equipped with electromechanical or solid state tripping devices. Based on results of the tests, technicians should be able to make pass/fail decisions on circuit breakers. In addition to improving electrical system reliability, by ensuring optimum fault clearing times, well maintained circuit breakers minimize the arc flash hazard energy levels that technicians can be exposed to during a fault.
- Identify circuit breaker components
- Utilize appropriate personal protective equipment and safe work procedures for circuit breaker maintenance
- Explain removal and restoration procedures
- Perform circuit breaker maintenance service
- Perform and evaluate the results of contact resistance, insulation resistance and over current injection tests
- Calculate test currents and operating times using the characteristic curves and sensor settings
- Verify trip device operation by verifying the calculated times at rated test currents based upon current test values from manufacturers’ trip characteristic time curves
The student should have basic knowledge of AC/DC electricity. Students must wear long pants and safety toed shoes to complete the lab portion of this course. No shorts or sandals will be allowed.
- Infrared Thermography I
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Medium-Voltage
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, Molded & Insulated Case
- Circuit Breaker Maintenance, SF6
This course is required for our Low-Voltage Circuit Breaker Technician Certification Program.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm, the final day ends at 12:00pm
Course Number: 134
Tuition USD: $1,885
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!