Cable Testing & Diagnostics, Medium-Voltage | Hands-On Certification Course
4.5 -Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,985 | Hands-on | Course #131 | 8 am-4:30 pm
This comprehensive hands-on preventative maintenance course is intended for engineers, electrical technicians, and supervisors that test, install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot 5-35 kV solid dielectric and paper insulated power cables. Students will perform and analyze results of insulation resistance tests (DAR & PI), type I withstand tests (DC, AC, & VLF). Also, diagnostic test such as Partial Discharge and Tan Delta will be performed.
Cable Diagnosis is predictive and is often performed as part of condition based maintenance strategies. This course focuses on data collection to provide information about the overall condition of the cable. Students will learn the indicators that cable performance is deteriorating, understanding the signs that cable is about to fail and when to perform maintenance.
- Identify medium voltage cable components and causes of failure
- Utilize safe work practices for cable testing per OSHA and industry consensus standards
- Interpret current industry cable testing standards and procedures
- Perform and analyze results of Insulation Resistance Tests (DAR & PI)
- Perform and analyze results of Type I Withstand Tests (DC, AC & VLF)
- Perform and analyze results of Type II Diagnostic Field Tests (Tan Delta & PD)
- Identify the benefits gained by establishing a Conditioned Based Cable Maintenance Program
*This course is required for Medium-Voltage Cable Testing & Diagnostics Certification
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Course Number: 131
Tuition USD: $ 1,985
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!