Cable Fault Location & Tracing, Medium-Voltage | Hands-On Training Course
4.5 -Day | 3.6 CEUs | $1,695 | Hands-on | Course #132 | 8 am-4:30 pm
This hands-on course is intended for new or experienced electricians and technicians that install, maintain, repair or troubleshoot 5-35 kV solid dielectric power cables. Medium voltage cable systems are the backbone of electrical systems worldwide, yet they are often the most ignored part of the power system – until there is a failure. One of the most important aspects of medium voltage cable maintenance is “fault location.” Cable systems today have higher failure rates than ever before, due to aging, environmental stresses and improper installation. The ability to efficiently locate faults, greatly reduces downtime and outage costs.
- Identify medium voltage cable components and causes of failure
- Utilize safe work practices for cable testing per OSHA and industry consensus standards
- Trace cable installations with modern cable route tracing equipment
- Pinpoint faults using magnetic and acoustical tracing system and arc reflection technologies
- Apply a proven fault locating process; Test, Analyze, Localize, Locate to locate faults in a comprehensive cable field lab environment
*This course is required for Medium-Voltage Cable Technician Certification
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Course Number: 132
Tuition USD: $ 1,695
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!