Battery Maintenance and Testing (BMT) | Hands-On Training Course
4-Day | 3.2 CEUs | $1,365 | Hands-on | Course #475A | 8 am-4:30 pm
This course is designed for personnel responsible for battery systems in substations, power plants and in other systems that require emergency DC power. This course provides an understanding of battery backup failures such as: excessive or micro cycling, improper charging, poor temperature control, installation errors, manufacturing deficiencies and operational errors.
Battery and battery room safety requirements and inspection methods are also detailed along with personal protective equipment (PPE). Manufacturer installation and maintenance requirements are major components of this training.
- Identify types of batteries and their operating principles
- Understand battery maintenance and testing techniques
- Identify and correctly use various types of test equipment and hand tools
- Use of NFPA 70E, IEEE 450, Megger® Battery Testing Guide and battery installation and operating instructions to develop a battery/cell inspection form
- Perform correct maintenance of vented lead-acid batteries using the IEEE Standard 450, IEEE “Recommended Practice for Maintenance, Testing and Replacement of Vented Lead Acid batteries for Stationary Applications”
- Identify battery and battery room installation requirements per IEEE guidelines
This course requires working knowledge of basic electricity and ohmic testing.
Course Duration: 4 days
Credits: 3.2 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Course Number: 475A
Tuition USD: $1,365
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!