Grounding & Bonding | Hands-On Training Course
3-Day | 2.4 CEUs | $1585 | Hands-on | Course #417B | 8 am-4:30 pm
Grounding and bonding systems ensure that electrical systems are safe from electric shock and fires by limiting the voltage imposed by lightning, line surges, or unintentional contact with higher-voltage lines as well as a ground-fault (phase-to-ground fault). Article 250 of the National Electric Code identifies grounding and bonding system installation methods. A properly installed grounding or bonding system for shielding, EMI, static and lightning protection can help prevent cable failures, equipment damage and power quality problems. These systems are also important for personnel protection and compliance with OSHA 1910.301-.308, and .331-.335.
♦ Who Should Attend
This course is intended for technicians, electricians, engineers and inspectors responsible for the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of grounding and bonding systems greater than 50 volts.
♦ Learning Objectives
- Interpret applicable NEC article 100 and 250 definitions
- Identify safety hazards created by ineffective grounding systems
- Identify common types of grounding electrodes
- Explain the purpose of impedance or resistance ground-fault detection systems
- Explain equipment utilization for grounding and bonding systems
- Describe grounding and bonding requirements for electrical panels on the load side of the service disconnecting means
- Describe the requirements for use of an isolated grounding system
- Perform earth resistivity tests and interpret results
- Perform fall-of-potential earth resistance test and interpret results
This course requires knowledge of the National Electrical Code and basic electrical theory.
Course Duration: 3 days
Credits: 2.4 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Schedule: 8:00am – 4:30pm
Course Number: 417B
Tuition USD: $1585
Need more information or interested in an On-Site Quote for this course?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this course with a friend!