GET CERTIFIED TODAY!
Industrial Electrical Safety Inspector | Certification Program
Do you inspect industrial electrical systems? Electrical safety regulations and standards have become increasingly complex as research reveals better hazard elimination strategies. Even experienced inspectors may have difficulty identifying violations of new requirements. This certification provides a means to qualify electrical inspectors to identify electrical safety violations in industrial facilities. What is certification? Certification means you have achieved certain performance criteria – knowledge, skills and abilities through training. Certifications prove your skills, and their value is the recognition of customers, coworkers and employers. This certification also meets the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(2)(vii).
- Effective use of the most common articles, sections and tables of the NEC to analyze and solve electrical problems
- Ampacity determination for sizing conductors, selecting overcurrent protection and grounding
- Terminology and requirements for electrical installations
- Acceptable wiring methods, materials, design and protection
- Calculations such as voltage drop, neutral load, feeder and branch circuit loads
- Motor circuit design
- Electrical hazards and personal protective equipment (PPE) requirements
- Energized and de-energized work procedures
- Principles of electrical maintenance as required by NFPA 70B
This certification requires completion of the following two courses which may be completed in any order within an 18 month period. The certification will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
National Electrical Code 2017
4 days, 3.2 CEUs
(Provide proof of a current state Electricians License to waive this requirement)
Electrical Safety for Inspectors
4 days, 3.2 CEUs
Need more information?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this Certification Program with a friend!