GET CERTIFIED TODAY!
Certified Fiber Optic Technician (FOA) | Certification Program
4.5-Day | 3.6 CEUs | $2,025 | Hands-on | Course #404C | 8 am-4:30 pm
In this course, students will learn how to understand the limitations of bending, effects of temperature, how to effectively splice and connectorize fiber optics, troubleshoot a system and confirm the quality of connections and splices. All these skills are necessary to properly install and repair fiber optics systems.
Participants completing the course exercises and lab requirements will be given the Fiber Optic Association (FOA) exam for Certified Fiber Optic Technicians. This exam is proctored by a certified FOA instructor and participant must score the minimum (70%) to meet the FOA certification requirements.
♦ Learning Objectives
- Determine appropriate fiber for different applications
- Inspect, install and test connectors using the epoxy polish method to EIA/TIA standards
- Identify damage to cables and associated causes
- Install fiber optic cable
- Test fiber optic cable for EIA/TIA acceptable losses
- Utilize fiber optic test equipment including an optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR), light source and power meter
- Install and test mechanical and fusion splices to EIA/TIA standards
- Identify and specify components for a fiber optic system
- Budget for losses in fiber optic systems
- Utilize attenuators to adjust power levels (DBM) at the receiver
This certification only requires completion of one course: Certified Fiber Optic Technician (FOA). This course is 4.5 days and 3.6 CEUs. To enroll in the class, click “Enroll Now” below. The certification will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
Course Duration: 4.5 days
Credits: 3.6 CEUs
Level of Involvement: Hands-on
Course Number: 404C
Tuition USD: $2,025
Need more information?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this Certification Program with a friend!