GET CERTIFIED TODAY!
Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) | Certification Program
Telecommunications, manufacturing, data centers and utilities all rely on fiber optics technology for secure data communications. Besides having better bandwidth than hard wire, these systems do not need as many repeaters and do not require preventative maintenance. But the growing communication requirements in this industry have increased the need for technicians who understand fiber optics installation requirements. In order to effectively install or repair fiber optics systems, an electrical contractor or technician must understand the limitations of bending, effects of temperature, how to effectively splice and connectorize this material and confirm the quality of a connection.
♦ Who Should Attend
This Certification/Course is intended for electricians, IT technicians, communications technicians, and any personnel that specifies, installs and restores fiber optics systems. With this course, students will complete the Fiber Optics Association (FOA) exam for Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT) certification.
♦ Learning Objectives
- Determine appropriate fiber for different applications
- Inspect, install and test connectors using the epoxy polish method
- Identify damage to cables and associated causes
- Install fiber optic cable
- Test fiber optic cable for losses
- Utilize an optical time domain reflectometer (OTDR) and light source/power meter
- Install mechanical and fusion splices to EIA/TIA acceptable losses
- Utilize attenuators to adjust power levels (DBM) at the receiver
- Identify and specify components for a fiber optic system
- Budget for losses in fiber optic systems
This Certification only requires completion of one course: Certified Fiber Optic Technician (CFOT). This course is 4.5 days and 3.6 CEUs. To enroll in the class, click “Enroll Now” below. The certification will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
Need more information?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156