GET CERTIFIED TODAY!
Basic Protective Relay Maintenance Technician | Certification Program
Electromechanical protective relays are not a new concept. They’ve been in use for many years. They have earned a well-deserved reputation for accuracy, dependability, and reliability. There are two basic types of operating mechanisms: the electromagnetic-attraction relay and electromagnetic-induction relay. Proper testing and maintenance of basic protective relays ensures the integrity of the protection system periodically after installation. Calibration testing is required to verify relay setting calibrations, configurations, and to identify any protection system defects. Functional testing is required to verify that the intent of the protection system is being carried out. This certification program will qualify technicians to safely maintain electromagnetic induction protective relays. What is certification? Certification means you have achieved certain performance criteria – knowledge, skills and abilities through training. Certifications prove your skills, and their value is the recognition of customers, coworkers and employers. This certification also meets the requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.269(a)(2)(vii).
- Basic electromagnetic induction protective relay theory, application and components
- Interpret internal and external wiring diagrams and timing curves for typical relays
- Understand CT and PT connections and polarity
- Perform visual and mechanical inspections
- Use of MPRT with TVI
- Test, calibrate, repair and troubleshoot the following relays in lab: Overcurrent (CO, IAC), Over/undervoltage (CV, IAV), Buss/differential (PVD), Transformer percentage differential with harmonic restraint (BDD, HU)
This certification only requires completion of one course: Protective Relay Maintenance, Basic. This course is 4.5 days and 3.6 CEUs. To enroll in the class, click “Enroll Now” below. The certification will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
Need more information?
CLICK HERE to contact your AVO Account Executive or you can call us directly at 877-594-3156
Share this Certification Program with a friend!